Tuesday, October 9, 2007

To give credit where it is due...I found this picture at my favorite local surfing forum and website.. www.wblivesurf.com . I love this site.

Today is Tuesday and the past two days I missed a little work trying to cover child care needs and what I call the "day care shuffle", it happens sometimes and I'd do anything for my little groms, so its no big deal, except...

...did you look at the picture? This is such a pretty wave to me. Smallish, clean, nicely shaped. The winds were almost offshore, the weather is an uncommonly warm 90 degrees and the water is still pretty nice at about 76 degrees. Add to this view that its October and the weekday crowds just don't exist really. Luckily I had two really good surfing days (see previous post) recently, so I can get myself over this angst. I can imagine myself as this unnamed surfer above. I can feel the satisfaction of having successfully timed the wave, popped up and made a turn. The primary difference would have been my turn would have been left as I am goofy; goofy footed that is. Though I really can't "noseride" per se, I do spend a lot of time at the front third or so of the board. Also, I am not so good at cross stepping, so in some viewpoints my almost noserides don't really count anyway.

No comments:

Water Time by Weisbecker...check it out!