Monday, September 22, 2008

cool air warm water

This is a great season to be surfing...as in early fall as the air cools a little but the water is warm. There is something surreal about walking into an ocean that is warmer than the air around you. Still, I saw my first full wetsuit of the season on a guy. I was embarrassed for him actually. This is NC, not N. CA.... The surf was strange too, like it wasn't quite meant for me to surf those last two days. At least the body boarders and kayakers were having fun.

Which reminds me... though I try hard to keep good surf karma. I really don't appreciate a pack of body boarders parking in front of me. I was happy to let it go and paddle elsewhere til you boasted that you ran off the surfers. Yep, that is why I parked right next to you. Next time just whisper....

Whoa, where did that come from? Here is a little good karma to offset things. Don't forget the Art to Heart charity event and art auction... its a cool way to earn $$ for a worthy cause...and besides I donated a piece and I need at least one or two bids to save face...

2 comments:

swordfish said...

Hi Larry

good to discover your blog on the way, I like it a lot. I was surfing last sunday in Levanto, on the coast of Liguria, Italy. Got caught by a jellyfish in the only place it could, since I was wearing my 3.2 wetsuit for the second time this season, i.e. at my foot. Couldn't help but thinking about Allan Weisbecker's lines in CYGAWA, when he suggests the director that local Baja fishermen could piss on the character's hit leg.... couldn't stop laughing...

Larry said...

thanks for the post. I wasn't sure anyone was really reading this blog! I see you are a weisbecker fan too! Take care- larry

Water Time by Weisbecker...check it out!