Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Heading to San Francisco

I am attending and speaking at a conference in San Francisco this week and I am in the airport now waiting to depart. Almost immediately once I confirmed the conference details, I started thinking about how I might manage to go surfing while there. There is a myriad of online resources of course, and I am impressed by how the so called "flat days" at west coast spots are likely bigger than our average days here at our local breaks. My plan is to check conditions first at Ocean Beach on the pacific facing coast of the San Francisco peninsula. Its supposed to be sort of big and difficult most times, but if its a smallish day there, I will rent from Aqua Surf Shop and can get there on street cars and walking. The other more likely options is to make my way about 20 minutes south to Pacifica and Linda Mar beach. Several shops rent there and its a more beginner break and longboard suited. We will see.

No comments:

Water Time by Weisbecker...check it out!