Thursday, November 1, 2007

Feeling small

The surf has been pretty big the last week or so and I can usually push past the impact zone and get through the breakers and to the outside. I know there is a return on that ivestment, so I "will" it to happen and then just float around and rest for a few minutes once I punch through. I haven't been working out as much lately, telling myself I am getting enough surfing in instead, but this morning I feel pretty small. I couldn't get through, the longboard I was tethered to wanted to get ridden, but I didn't have it in me. I applaud the pair down the beach that made it out. Sometimes I do better when a buddy is with me, maybe its peer pressure, maybe I am just being shamed into paddling harder. All this said, its still a good day when I paddle out. I will sleep well, maybe my muscles have been conditioned a little in preparation for saturday when the effects of TS Noel reach us and clean up.

No comments:

Water Time by Weisbecker...check it out!