Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Just me and the fishermen

I paddled out this morning to some fun, although a little on the small side, waves. Generally clean, medium period, mostly thigh high with some knee, and some waist high. I try to respect the people fishing, especially when they are in a spot before me, but damn if they don't tend to park themselves where I want to surf. I tried some new wax today made by Magmalabs and I have to say its pretty good stuff. I had just stripped my 9'6" clean and needed wax, but the shop I was at didn't have the sexwax I usually use, and I had recalled something about magamlabs a while back but had not actually seen any in stores. I suppose since I had just dropped $50 on some new booties, they threw the wax in for free (Yes, right- just like there is not such thing as a free lunch, there is no such thing as free surf wax). The stuff is really good and it has little "embers" or color coded temperature specks so you can remember what the leftover chunk of wax actually is and identify what kind is on your stick. Cool, huh?

Today's rides were not memorable per se, but I love every ride I get. I kept jumping on OK waves only to miss the great set behind them because I couldn't get back out in time. This particular spot has a nice sandbar and when I start getting winded, I just stand on the bar waiting for the next ride and push myself and board into the oncoming wave. I am pretty good at that now and with so many smallish days I am self anointed as the shore break king; flat spot on my fin and all! .

No comments:

Water Time by Weisbecker...check it out!